Free-Form Select or transfer of the product on white background
To answer the question – “How?” I should probably write “For what?” to do it.
There are several advantages:
Uniform background does not divert attention of the potential client from the subject.
White background in the picture is usually better harmonizes with the colors of the website or store.
Versatility – images can be repeatedly used in a variety of graphic design. The ability to change the background at any time
and probably the most important .. it is hard to discuss: these are the current standards, so in the eyes of a potential client, the product looks more attractive and professionally.
Silver necklace with watches made in the MODE Composer
f=14, t=1/50, ISO 100, focus stacking z 4 zdjęć (link to article)
Free-Form Select methods is at least as much how many designers I met on my way. Fortunately, using the MODEPIX / MODEVID software, the situation is greatly simplified, and post-production processing does not need any additional graphics programs, experts and their precious time.
It should follow a few rules to facilitate and speed up the work:
1. focus and depth of field (link to article)
Every photo detail must be very sharp, all the edges well defined. Personally, I avoid such situations:
Pendant will be shown in the photo. The chain distracts attention and when it is out of focus, after Free-Form Select turns into a muddy mass.
Better to do it like this:
The chain is located in depth of field and is subject to good-looking cutting from a machine. The object can be suspended, or what is very practical – to put on an illuminated platform, fixing the camera on the top (at an angle of 90 degree).
2. GET THE RIGHT CONTRAST – the maximum separation of the product from the background at the stage of taking photos. Proportion of lights as below:
I often highlight product back using extra light:
3. Frame which is subjected to Free-Form Select, should be cleaned from redundant elements – proper cropping.
4. As far as possible and does not result in a loss of depth of field we try to fill the frame with image – the higher resolution of the developed image giving more accurate Free-Form Select and smoother edges.
1. In the MODEPIX/MODEVID program I open image to develop
1. This tab is automatic. We have 6 programs based on different algorithms. By trial and error and choose the most effective. It is practical with dark products, with clearly outlined contours, strongly contrasting with uniformly-exposed background.
2. This method involves sampling the background color with the possibility to increase the tolerance (the greater tolerance – the more cut).
3. The setting mechanism involves manual learning program, which should be in the picture, and which elements are redundant. The system receives from us information on the location of the object, we can add backgrounds and manually erase superfluous element such as my work proved to be yellow tape. The method works even in low-contrast images, unevenly dim lighting.
The end result:
Multioperation tool (read more)
When to Free-Form Select we have more than one photo, all the treatments we use to series of pictures contained in the same directory. The program will ask whether to overwrite files. I always prefer to make a copy and keep the original. I think this function is your ticket to a prompt and professional rotary photo processing for MODE users.
The end result:
Written and photographed by:
Dominika Apanasewicz www.studioavior.pl